As a Western Cape Safely Home Road Safety Ambassador, I pledge to:
Always CONDUCT myself in a responsible and considerate manner whenever I am on our roads as a sign of my commitment to fight against the suffering, grief and injustice caused by road deaths and injuries. Further, I pledge to be an ambassador for this collaborative effort and the UN Decade of Action for Road Safety.
I BELIEVE that together with the citizens of this Province and our Sister Provinces I can help save lives!
My ACT begins right now to promote safer roads, safety in vehicles and safety to other road users by doing the following:
I will always observe and follow road laws, rules and regulations;
- I will buckle my seatbelt everytime I drive and make sure all my passengers are properly buckled up as well;
- I will wear and fasten my motorcycle helmet and keep my headlight on when I ride;
- As a pedestrian, I will cross the road safely at designated crossings;
- As a cyclist, I will follow the rules of the road and wear a helmet;
- I will follow the speed limits of our roads;
- I will not drive or ride impaired by alcohol or drugs;
- I will focus and just drive. I will avoid distractions, such as texting and talking on a cellphone, whilst driving;
- I will share the road with car drivers, truck and bus drivers, motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians;
- I will maintain my vehicle in good roadworthy condition;
- I will not throw garbage out of my vehicle.
By consistently taking the above actions as a road user, I hope to contribute to the effective and successful implementation of the Safely Home Programme.
Please enter the following details:
Complete the form below to commit to our road safety pledge and receive future road safety messages.